Preparing Ceremonial Cacao is so calming and a beautiful process you can cultivate
A quick and easy guide to preparing Ceremonial Cacao. So excited for you to step into your personal journey of softening the heart space.
- Source your ceremonial cacao. I love supporting Cacao Laboratory because they ethically and responsibly source their Cacao from farmers who are in sacred reciprocity with the spirit of Cacao. You can learn all about their sourcing and the intricate process of creating ceremonial cacao from the Cacao seeds from this wonderful Origins Youtube Series from Cacao Lab.
- Now that you have your ceremonial Cacao, let’s make something delicious for your mind, body and soul. Likely your Cacao will come in a solid bar. You will need to chop the cacao into small pieces so it integrates easily with the water. While chopping you can integrate gratitude. This blessed being has travelled a long way to make it to you. Sing a song of gratitude while chopping, you are officially connecting with the spirit of Cacao, today is an especially good day! **Bonus tip, chop more than you need and store in a mason jar for your next cacao experience.
- Determine your serving amount. For my near daily practice, I usually consume about 30g. If it’s your first time working with Cacao, you can try 20g and increase from there as you see fit. Make sure you have a kitchen scale so you can make sure you’re consuming the right amount. If you do not have a scale, 2 tablespoons is usually a good amount to start with. If Cacao is a new food you are working with or if you are an any medications or are pregnant you will want to adjust your serving amount. If you want to learn more check out the FAQ from Cacao Lab’s website.
- Place the chopped cacao in a ceramic/glass bowl large enough to hold 6-8 oz of water (this water can also be an herbal infusion that you prepare, blue lotus and rose are a few expansive options).
- Slowly pour your water in the bowl and begin whisking to encourage the cacao to become one with the water.
- place a beautiful intention as you prepare and fill your head with space, love and abundance
- Optional nutritive add ins, You can get pretty creative with your add ins. Cacao is a super food in herself and if you have never tasted Cacao pure, I encourage you to try her in her raw beauty. But…once you get on the Cacao train, you can consider add ins such as maca, reishi, lions mane, rose, tahini, almond butter, coconut milk, ginger powder, honey, agave, mesquite and so much more. You can get really creative here.I see consuming cacao as a medicine so I like to incorporate my tinctures during this part too.
- This last step is optional, but in my opinion necessary because it makes the experience so much richer, you can blend my cacao in a Vitamix to create a really lovely frothy cacao experience.
- Set an intention and enjoy the beautiful heart opening expansiveness of cacao ❤️ It’s good practice to slow down and integrate cacao into a space of deep slowness. Cacao teaches us so much if we allow ourselves to slow down and listen deeply.
I am so excited for you to begin your cacao journey.
If you want to work with cacao in more a ritual approach please see some of my other posts below and check out the video content below by Cacao Lab ⬇️
Watch the Cacao Lab Origins Video Series on Youtube